St. Peter’s Church

Located at the entrance to the port, and mentioned in Hvar Statute of 1331 as the border between Pitve and Vrbanj when neither Vrboska nor Jelsa existed, St. Peter’s church is considered to be one of the oldest churches on the island. The church was renovated under the Patriarch Harnotić in 1469. Statue of St. Peter – the work of Nikola Firentinec, is now kept in the parish church, while the copy of the original stands in front of the church. The church and the bell above the door were renovated in 1999

LOCATION

Hvar

Visit us on instagram