The first Hvar Lodge / Loggia was already mentioned in 1289. The Loggia burned down during the Turkish invasion in 1571 but was later repaired and restored. The facade got its final look at the beginning of the 17th century. During the Venetian rule, it served as a public courtroom. Public auctions for the collection of taxes and customs were held in the lodge. Next to it was the Governor’s Palace, demolished at the beginning of the 20th century due to the construction of the Empress Elizabeth hotel. At the time, the lodge housed the Kursalon – the hotel’s cafe, reading room, dance hall and meeting place of Hvar’s social elite 



Visit us on instagram