St. Anthony’s Church

It was built in 1663. In the 16th and 17th centuries, numerous refugees from the mainland led by Franciscans, fleeing from the Turks, settled in Sućuraj and built this baroque church. Next to the church, they also built a monastery, which is now a family home. In the church there is the oldest painting in Sućuraj, which depicts St. Paskala, Our Lady of Carmel and St. Roko, probably the work of master Filip Nadi from the 18th century. Inside the church there is also an archaeological collection with amphorae and an anchor from a sunken Roman galley



Visit us on instagram