This track goes through Gaz and Čačvina. Along the way you can see a sculpture by Stipe Sikirica „A monument to the newlyweds“ – to a man and a woman, a boy and a girl, their love and willingness to cherish their love through thick and thin, and devotion to each other during their long and harmonious life. The fortress Čačvina was built on a hill north-east of Trilj as an observation point for one of the most important routes through Dalmatian hinterland. It consists of two towers connected by a long courtyard. An old parish church with a tower bell, built in the 18th century, is situated under the fortress. The fortification is first mentioned in 1372 and was in the possession of the princes of Nepići until the 15th century. At the end of the 17tc century it falls into the Turkish hands but is taken over by the Venetians in 1718. Grebčine is another archaeological locality worth checking out along the way. Right next to Vrpolje village, there is a necropolis with monument tombs. They are mostly monoliths with no evident decorations.
Stories from the heart